Why Is Fox News Still in the Big Brother Game?
Fox News host Sean Hannity said Monday he’s not “going anywhere,” despite the fallout from his feud with Megyn Kelly, who took a swipe at the conservative media giant on Twitter and said it’s “time to go home.”
“I’m going to keep pushing the story,” Hannity told Fox Business Network host Maria Bartiromo.
“I’m still here.
I’ve got a great network.
I’m still going to push the story.”
Hannity said he’s “very proud” of Fox News for “trying to be as honest as possible” and the “very, very brave” response to Kelly’s tweet that was met with a strong backlash from conservatives.
“I think we’ve always had an obligation to try to be honest,” Hannity said.
“And if there’s one thing that we’ve learned over the years, is that there are a lot of people who are not going to give us the benefit of the doubt.
That’s one of the things that I’ve always found to be true, is we’re not going anywhere.”
Hennys first-round exit from the Fox News Channel came less than a week after the network was forced to issue a correction following a report on a 2005 video that featured Trump bragging about sexually assaulting women.
The network had previously apologized for the video and apologized for having a policy in place at the time to keep women off the air.
Trump fired back at Kelly, claiming she was a liar and “a total hack.”
The former host also criticized Kelly’s reporting, claiming the reporter was “failing at her job” because of the controversy.